Ocean: 10.525GHz Doppler Effect Microwave Motion Sensor for Raspberry Pi and Arduino.
The microwave motion sensor is a microwave moving object detector which is designed according to the principle of Doppler Radar. This differs from the method used by a regular infrared (IR) sensor as microwave is sensitive to a variety of objects that are microwave-reflective, and its sensor readings are not affected by the ambient temperature.
It is widely used not only in the detection of human body, but also many other objects. With the character of long detection distance and high sensitivity, it works without the limitation of ambient temperature and has come widely used in industrial, transportation and civil applications liquid levels, automatic door motion detection, automatic washing, production line material detection and car reversing sensors etc.
The detection objects of the microwave sensor are universal. When it comes to the actual use in life, we will usually match it with another sensor for targeted detection. For example, a combination of microwave sensor and infrared pyroelectric sensor. It can accurately judge whether someone is passing by without being disturbed by sunlight and clothing color, and will not react to other objects.
There is an ultra-high frequency MOS device inside the microwave motion sensor. When you are testing, please use battery power as much as possible to avoid breakdown that is caused by the static voltage difference between the power supply and the test equipment, such as an oscilloscope.
In addition, we suggest that you use battery power to ensure the best detection effect when you are operating the product.
- Non-contact detection.
- Suitable for harsh environments because : will not be influenced by temperature, humidity, noise, airflow, dust, and the lights.
- Strong resistance to radio frequency interference.
- Low output power, no harm to human bodies.
- Long range of detection.
- Allow detection for non-living objects.
- Microwave has perfect directivity, the speed is same as the speed of light.
- Comes with development resources and manual (examples for Raspberry Pi/Arduino)
- Working Pressure : 3.3V/5V Plus/Minus 0.25V
- Working Current (CW): 60mA max., 37mA typical
- Dimension: 63mm * 48mm
- Mounting hole size: 3.0mm
- Emission Parameter
- Detection Range: 2 meters to 16 meters continuously adjustable (min: 2 meters, max: 16 meters)
- Emission Frequency: 10.525 GHz
- Frequency Accuracy: 3MHz
- Output Rate (Min): 13dBm EIRP
- Harmonic Emission: Less Than -10dBm
- Average Current (5% DC): 2mA typ.
- Pulse Width (Min): 5uSec
- Load Cycle (Min): 1%
- Receiver Parameter
- Sensitivity(10dB S/N ratio) 3Hz-80Hz Broadband: -86dBm; 3Hz-80Hz Bandwidth Clutter: 10uV.
- Antenna Gain: 8dBi
- Vertical Level: 3dB Beam-width: 36 degrees
- Horizontal Level: 3dB Beam-width: 72 degrees
- Ocean Wire Specifications
- Cable Specifications: 22AWG
- Material: Silicone
- Withstand Voltage: Less Than 50V
- Withstand Current: Less Than 1000MA
- Length: 21cm
- Line Sequence: Red-Power Supply Positive, Black-Power Supply Negative, Green-Control Board Signal Terminal.
1 * Microwave Motion Sensor
1 * Ocean Interface JST 3-Pin Cable