Ocean: TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) Meter Sensor for Raspberry Pi and Arduino.
TDS (Total Dissolved Solids), Chinese name Total Dissolved Solids, also known as Total Dissolved Solids, indicates how many milligrams of dissolved solids are dissolved in 1 liter of water. Generally speaking, the higher the TDS value, the more dissolved substances contained in the water and the less clean the water. Therefore, the value of TDS can be used as one of the basis for reflecting the cleanliness of water. The commonly used TDS testing equipment is a TDS pen. Although it is cheap and easy to use, it cannot transmit data to the control system for long-term online monitoring and water quality analysis. Using a special instrument, although it can transmit data and has high accuracy, it is very expensive.
CQRobot has launched an arduino-compatible TDS sensor, which can be used to measure the TDS value of water after connecting to the arduino controller. This product is specially designed for arduino, plug and play, easy to use. 3.3V~5.5V wide voltage power supply, 0 to 2.3V analog signal output, making this product compatible with 5V and 3.3V control systems, it can be easily connected to existing control systems. With CQRobot ADS1115 16-bit AD conversion module (Model: CQRADS1115), it can accurately collect and convert analog signals to meet the compatibility requirements of the Raspberry Pi motherboard.
The excitation source for measurement uses AC signals, which can effectively prevent probe polarization, extend the life of the probe, and increase the stability of the output signal. The TDS probe is a waterproof probe that can be immersed in water for long-term measurement. This product can be applied to water quality testing in areas such as domestic water and hydroponics. With this sensor, you can easily DIY a TDS detector, easily detect the cleanliness of the water, and check your water quality.
- The probe can not be used in water above 55 degrees centigrade.
- The probe can not be left too close to the edge of the container, otherwise it will affect the reading.
- The head and the cable of the probe are waterproof, but the connector and the signal transmitter board are not waterproof. Please be careful.
- This kit does not include CQRobot ADS1115 16-bit AD conversion module (Model: CQRADS1115), buyers need to purchase it separately.
Signal Transmitter Board Specifications
- Input Voltage: 3.3V to 5.5V
- Output Voltage: 0 to 2.3V
- Working Current: 3mA to 6mA
- TDS Measurement Range: 0 to 1000ppm
- TDS Measurement Accuracy: Plus/Minus 10% F.S. (25 Degree Celsius)
- Module Size: 43mm * 32.2mm
- Module Interface: JST 2.0mm 3-Pin
- Electrode Interface: JST 2.54mm 2-Pin
TDS Probe Specifications
- Number of Needle: 2
- Total Length: 83cm
- Connection Interface: JTS 2.54mm 2-Pin
- Color: Black
- Other: Waterproof Probe
Ocean Interface Cable Specifications
- Cable specifications: 22AWG
- Material: Silicone
- Withstand Voltage: Less Than 50V
- Withstand Current: Less Than 1000MA
- Length: 21cm
- Line Sequence: Black-Negative Power Supply, Red-Positive Power Supply, Green-Signal Terminal.
1 * Signal Transmitter Board
1 * TDS Probe
1 * Ocean Interface JST 3-Pin Cable